Tuesday 7 February 2012

Newspaper Research


I have decided to include a number of close-up shots of a newspaper in my film trailer which will have been published during the film during the early beginning of the ‘zombie apocalypse’. Specifically, I will be including a number of close-up shots of the main headline of the newspaper which will feature a headline like ‘Infection’ or ‘Military Evacuation’. This will be similar to the newspaper included in the film ’28 Days Later’, a film which I have previously analysed and taken inspiration for my own film from. The picture above is a picture of the actual newspaper included in the film. I have chosen a UK newspaper that is famously known and recognised by my target audience to design my own created newspaper around.
The reason I have decided to include this in my film trailer is because I think it creates a sense of realism within the film to an audience – a main source of media reporting an important news story. I have created a rough draft of a front page newspaper article to use in my film trailer, based on a well known UK newspapers.


No comments:

Post a Comment