Wednesday 28 September 2011

Target Audience




There are two ways in which an audience is specifically defined; demographically and psychographically. Instantly, I know that my film with be aimed at an audience over the age of 15, due to my film being a horror and being certificated at a 15.
There are 6 separate groups with regards to an audience being defined demographically and seven groups regarding an audience being defined psyographically. Due to the genre of my film being horror, it could be argued that my audience could be all of the demographic audience and therefore aimed at a mainstream audience because the horror genre is watched and enjoyed by quite a wide number of people.
However, it could also be argued that the horror genre is a genre only enjoyed by a very specific audience (people who enjoyed being scared) due to what is included in the film (gore, fear, etc.), therefore only being a specific number of the demographic and psychographic groups and therefore being defined as a niche audience.
Due to this, I will have to continue researching the audience of the horror film until I can come to a conclusion as to who my film trailer will be aimed at both demographically and psychographically.

No comments:

Post a Comment